An extremely frustrating, stinky and messy ailment that dogs suffer from is ear infection. This is an uncomfortable problem for any dog. Ear infections can be caused by a lot of factors starting from allergies, presence of excess hair or extra moisture in the ears. But no matter what has caused an infection in your dog’s ears, it needs immediate medical attention. If, however, you do not want this itchy and painful problem for your dog in the first place, try to do everything in your stride to prevent it. Here is how to prevent this problem from surfacing. Have a look-
- Although all dogs can suffer from this problem, some breeds can be extremely prone to it. Dogs like Chow Chow have thick hair, which makes them more susceptible to such an issue. Also, those dogs that have heavy drooping ears can get ear infections easily. If your dog loves its bath and loves to swim, then it is at a higher risk of developing this problem. After all, the ears of dogs are mostly hairy because of which water that gets inside them cannot come out fully and easily. This trapped water, even when gets evaporated, creates dampness inside the ears, which acts as a breeding ground for yeast and bacteria. Even dogs having allergies can be prone to this problem. Dogs that have thick and folded skin could get this infection because of their narrow ear canals which trap moisture and debris. Since different dogs develop this infection due to different reasons, you should know what characteristic of your dog could make it prone to an ear infection, so that you can help your pup stay protected from this disease forever.
- If you do not want your dog to develop an infection, it is important for you to feed it a healthy diet, not consisting of potential allergens. Food can cause a lot of allergies that directly affect the skin and ears. Allergy induced ear infections can cause the ear canals to become inflamed, itchy and red, because of which your dog will keep scratching its ears at all times in addition to shaking its head every now and then. When such a problem surfaces, the first thing that you should do is take your dog to the vet, who will run an allergy test on your dog, which will enable them to pinpoint the food items that your dog is allergic to. All you have to do is avoid giving these foods to your pet no matter how much they enjoy eating them.
- Don’t worry about your dog’s diet; there are hundreds of alternatives you can give it, which will keep it healthy and fit. But before you make any modification in your dog’s diet, it is advisable that you talk to the vet. They will be able to tell you what kind of dietary changes your dog needs. Whether it needs to eat raw food, home cooked food, grain free or limited ingredient food. You will need expert guidance in being decisive on this matter.
- A lot of ear infections are caused by ear mites. But ear infections caused by ear mites are generally rare in healthy pups, especially when they live inside their owners’ house. If you want to keep your dog away from this parasite, then you can use the same medicines that you use to keep it protected from ticks and fleas. If, however, you don’t think giving any medicine to your dog without a vet’s prescription is a wise idea, then have a consultation before doing so.
- Although you might not like to do it, it is important to check your dog’s ears on a regular basis, to make sure there is no odour, discharge or inflammation in it. If your dog is healthy and there is no ear infection it is suffering from, then the ears should look extremely smooth and pink. You will also not find any kind of swelling or irritation inside. If you see debris inside your dog’s ears, it would be wise of you to arrange for its cleaning. You dog’s ears can smell a little yeasty, and that’s absolutely ok, but if the smell is extremely intense or overpowering, then the reason could be an infection.
It’s easier to remove debris from healthy ears. All you need is a product especially designed to clean debris from dog’s ears. And no, you won’t have to do any deep cleaning; you can use such a product to clean the ears’ outer folds. But make sure the product that you are using is free of alcohol or heavy fragrances.
- When your dog takes a swim or bathes, its ears get wet and the dampness in the ears can be a major cause of ear infection. That is why it is extremely important for you to make sure the ears of your pup are completely dry after it has spent some time in the water.
- Adult Chow Chow or baby Chow Chow puppies can have hairy internal ears. Sadly, the hair strands present in a dog’s ears can act as a net that traps debris as well as moisture. This trapped moisture can cause ear infection or aggravate it if your dog is already suffering from this problem. If you want the hair in your dog’s ears removed, then take it to a groomer who will pluck this hair carefully. Although a lot of people say, it’s not a good practice to pluck hair from a dog’s ears, yet it doesn’t really cause any serious health issue to the dog.
- Another amazing way to keep your dog protected from ear infections is to supplement its diet with essential fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids not just improve the skin of your dog but also reduce chances of inflammation. As a result, your dog stays protected from all sorts of ear infections. Go for the best dog food for Chow Chow breed and make sure it has got essential fatty acids in it.
By following the tips above, you will definitely be able to keep your dog at an arm’s length from nasty skin infections.
Which is The Best Hospital For Hysterectomy Surgery in Bangalore?
The surgical procedure for removal of the uterus is known as hysterectomy. Hysterectomy can be either complete or partial. In case of complete hysterectomy, the cervix is removed along with the uterus, while in the partial hysterectomy, the uterine body is removed leaving behind the cervix. In some cases, the fallopian tubes and ovaries are also removed.
Hysterectomy surgery in Bangalore has its own benefits and risks. It has the potential of affecting the hormonal balance of the body. Because of this, it is considered only when there are no other options left.
Being a major surgical procedure, it is crucial to undergo hysterectomy in Bangalore in a good hospital and in the hands of an experienced and trusted gynecologist.
Types of hysterectomy
On the basis of organs and accessory parts removed, hysterectomy can be categorized as follows.
- Subtotal Hysterectomy: In this procedure, the upper part of the uterus is removed and the cervix is left intact.
- Total Hysterectomy: Here, the entire uterus and cervix is removed.
- Radical Hysterectomy: In a radical hysterectomy the uterus is removed along with the tissues aside from the uterus, the cervix, and the top portion of the vagina. Radical hysterectomy is considered in case of the presence of cancerous tissues.
What is the purpose of hysterectomy?
There are a number of reasons for undergoing hysterectomy in Bangalore . Some of the common ones are listed below.
- Fibroids in the uterus that cause bleeding, pain and other side effects.
- Sliding of the uterus downward towards the vagina from its normal position. The medical term for this is uterine prolapse.
- Cancer of ovaries, uterus or cervix.
- Intense and chronic pelvic pain.
- Frequent and abnormal bleeding from the vagina.
It should be noted here that hysterectomy in noncancerous conditions is considered only when other treatment options have been unsuccessful. In other words, it is considered a viable option in noncancerous cases when no other alternatives are available.
Advantages of hysterectomy in Bangalore
There can be numerous benefits of getting a hysterectomy in Bangalore done at a top-notch hospital and under the guidance of an accomplished gynecologist. If there are any leggings in the procedure, it will have long term side effects, including some irreparable damage.
The benefits of undergoing hysterectomy in Bangalore at a premier hospital has both physiological and psychological benefits. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Hysterectomy puts a stop on issues of abnormal uterine bleeding.
- It also puts an end to the chronic and intense pain caused by uterine bleeding.
- It can prove to be a lifesaver for women as it highly prevents uterine cancer in women who have a family history of cancerous diseases.
- Hysterectomy offers immense relief to women suffering from uterine fibroids, urinary problems, cramps etc.
What are some possible complications of a hysterectomy?
In some rare cases, some problems and complications surface after a woman undergoes a hysterectomy in Bangalore . Some common complications of a hysterectomy include the following issues.
- Surgical bleeding
- Pain and discomfort
There is a greater risk of post-surgery infection and pain in an abdominal hysterectomy as compared to a vaginal hysterectomy.
However, one can avoid such issues by ensuring that they have the best team of doctors and the best hospital available. This can be done by good research, references and analysis of reviews.
What happens before a hysterectomy is performed?
Before commencing with the procedure, the patient is evaluated by the gynaecologist. This is done to make sure that the patient is physically fit to undergo the surgery. This mostly involves questions about medical history and whether the person is facing any physical ailment at the time. Afterwards, a pelvic examination and pap smear may be done.
The patient might need to get tests like cervical cytology, pelvic ultrasound, or endometrial biopsy done to rule out the presence of cancerous cells and tissues.
Procedure of Hysterectomy
After making sure that the patient is fit to undergo hysterectomy, the surgery is performed. Top notch and prime institutes are equipped to perform a laparoscopic hysterectomy. There are two procedures for hysterectomy under this.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy- an incision with a laparoscope and a vaginal incision is involved, along with excision of cervical tissues.
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy- The whole procedure is done using a laparoscope. Afterward surgical specimens are removed via the vagina.
In these advanced procedures, a very low bikini incision is made with a laparoscope, there is no scarring or pain and there is a faster recovery. Therefore, it becomes important for the patient herself to pick the best available hospital for this procedure.
Recovery after hysterectomy
Some instructions given by doctors post-operations are listed below.
- Ample rest: It is important to give the body the time to heal, so a good 8-hour sleep is necessary.
- Healthy diet: Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables should be eaten. Whole grains and proteins should be made a regular part of the diet too. High fiber foods should be eaten because constipation becomes a common problem after hysterectomy.
- Steer clear of smoking: Smoking hinders the body’s healing process, so it should be avoided in the recovery period.
- Regular checkups: It is good to go for regular checkups as it will help the gynecologist to diagnose if there are any issues in the recovery. So routine checkups should never be avoided.
In-Demand Mental Health Careers for 2021 and Beyond
Millions of people are struggling with their mental health, especially since the pandemic started. In the past decade, mental health has finally started to become a priority in many communities’ overall wellness plans. If you are a compassionate person who wants a career that focuses on helping others improve their lives, a job in this field may be right for you. Here are some of the best options for workers in mental health in 2021 and the future.
A top job in the public sector for people focused on mental health is a social worker. Social workers are assigned to assist families, children, homeless people, seniors, and other members of vulnerable populations. In this line of work, they help solve issues related to housing, schooling, medical care, relationship problems, and other difficulties. They typically work in public agencies for a city, state, or organization.
Another option for those who have strong interpersonal skills is to become a therapist. Talk therapy is one of the most popular types of mental health treatment. Individuals with an interest in improving mental health can focus on a career as a therapist and specialize in different aspects of therapy, such as working with children, helping married couples, focusing on families, or providing therapy to incarcerated people.
In an educational setting, guidance counselors take on the role of therapist, social worker, and educational coach. They work in public and private schools across all grades. Guidance counselors also help high school students with college and career advice. A career as a guidance counselor is a good fit for someone who enjoys working with youth and can help serve as a liaison between the school and families. Learn more about the career possibilities in this field.
Psychology is another field to consider if you want to make a difference in the mental health field. Individuals in this role may work directly with clients by delivering talk therapy, or they may focus on studying different aspects of mental health and psychology in an academic setting. To work in the psychology field, it’s usually standard to obtain an advanced degree. This student spotlight shows how the field of applied psychology translates to other industries and offers benefits to students interested in a variety of subjects related to the mind.
The last hot career option for mental health is to study to be a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are medical doctors and must attend medical school after completing an undergraduate college program. Unlike other mental health professionals, psychiatrists can prescribe medication to help people manage mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety, or ADHD. Psychiatrists are also able to assist patients with other types of treatment that don’t require medication, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, talk therapy, play therapy, exposure therapy, or interpersonal therapy.
There are many different paths and destinations in the career field of mental health. The world needs capable, caring people to help manage different mental health issues and diagnosed disorders. As treating mental health becomes more common, it will be easier for patients to seek care without feeling embarrassed.
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute- centre of excellence in cardiology
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi is well known for its gratifying work as well as a service to the multitudinous heart patients. It is recognized as a leading unified healthcare delivery service provider in the country. At present, the hospital is recognized as a centre of excellence in cardiology and the expert team having four Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awards. Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi won many awards and acknowledged for Best private Cardiac Hospital in India by the WEEK magazine in 2014.
Best Cardiology Hospital at the ICICI Lombard in 2012
CNBC TV18 India Healthcare Awards in 2013.
The specialized programs at Fortis Hospital Delhi offered clinical greatness incorporated with grand technologies as well as innovations to offer the best treatment to all patients. The hospital has many advanced laboratories to perform tests in the field of biochemistry, transfusion medicine, nuclear medicine, radiology, hematology, and microbiology. Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi is one of the best hospitals for cardiac care or adults as well as children and has celebrated 25 years of cardiac excellence in 2013. It has also launched Community Outreach Programs through which free cardiac check-up camps are also organized in India along with neighboring countries.
Infrastructure and other details
The Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi houses more than 285 beds along with 5 Labs and other world-class facilities. It supports advanced laboratories and also holds expertise in
Intensive Electronic Medical Record
Audio Visuals & Smart Alert System as Rapid Response Tools that provides 24x7x365 monitoring, evaluation, hold up, and interventional services.
Infrastructure and other details
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi houses 285 beds along with 5 Cath labs. It also has a NABL Accredited Blood Bank too. The hospital has 200 cardiac specialists and 1600 support staff board who work altogether to handle about 14500 admissions and 7200 emergency cases annually. The hospital is a pioneer in the field of fully dedicated cardiac care in the country and is the only cardiac hospital in India to offer a committed Paediatric Department with a dedicated, extremely trained multidisciplinary lineup of Paediatric Surgeons, Anaesthesiologists, Paediatric Cardiologists, and Paediatric Intensivists.
List of top doctors in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
Dr. Ashok Seth – Cardiac Surgeon and Chairman with 38 years of experience
Dr. Ashok Seth, Chairman in Fortis Escorts is one of the most recognized and respected Indian cardiologists all over the globe and was awarded the Padma Shri in 2003. He is well known and respected Cardiac Surgeon at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute Delhi with a thriving experience of 32 years. He has performed about 50000 angiograms as well as 20000 angioplasties and has also been featured in the Limca Book of records as he performed the highest numbers of f angiographies and angioplasties.
Dr. Savitri Shrivastava – Pediatric Cardiologist and Director with 59 years of experience
She is associated as Director at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi. She established the Department of Paediatric cardiology as well as CHD here in 1995. She also helped in the establishment of the section of Echocardiography at AIIMS, New Delhi and carried out it at par. Her special interests are in Echocardiography, Paediatric and Congenital Heart Diseases, and Non-Coronary Interventions.
Dr. Krishna S Iyer – Pediatric Cardiologist and Director and has 30 years of experience
He is one of the leading paediatric cardiac surgeons in India and is famous for his clinical expertise and widespread participation in cardiac care for children in India and other countries. He has operated over 10000 babies along with children and adults with congenital heart diseases.
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna- Cardiac surgeon, Director and has 25 years of experience
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna is recognized as one of the leading Cardiac surgeons and is associated as the Associate Director, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He expertise in Beating Heart Surgeries, Cardiac Valvular Surgery, Aortic valve, Double Valve Replacements, and Mitral Valve. He has special interest includes Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Heart-Failure Surgery, and Valve Repairs.
Technology2 years ago
Developing Workplace Face Recognition Devices and Controls
Home Advice2 years ago
Things to Remember When Shopping For Recycled Plastic Adirondack Chairs
Business News2 years ago
Facts to know about commercial closing
Entertainment2 years ago
Meanings of WhatsApp Symbols, Emoticons
Technology2 years ago
Use WhatsApp Web Login on PC
Entertainment2 years ago
Ganesh Chaturthi Songs (Mp3, DJ Songs, Remix) Ganpati Songs Free Download
Sports News2 years ago
Download Grand Theft Auto Vice City Saved Games
Education2 years ago
Human Body And Its Interesting Features