An extremely frustrating, stinky and messy ailment that dogs suffer from is ear infection. This is an uncomfortable problem for any dog. Ear infections can be caused by a lot of factors starting from allergies, presence of excess hair or extra moisture in the ears. But no matter what has caused an infection in your dog’s ears, it needs immediate medical attention. If, however, you do not want this itchy and painful problem for your dog in the first place, try to do everything in your stride to prevent it. Here is how to prevent this problem from surfacing. Have a look-
- Although all dogs can suffer from this problem, some breeds can be extremely prone to it. Dogs like Chow Chow have thick hair, which makes them more susceptible to such an issue. Also, those dogs that have heavy drooping ears can get ear infections easily. If your dog loves its bath and loves to swim, then it is at a higher risk of developing this problem. After all, the ears of dogs are mostly hairy because of which water that gets inside them cannot come out fully and easily. This trapped water, even when gets evaporated, creates dampness inside the ears, which acts as a breeding ground for yeast and bacteria. Even dogs having allergies can be prone to this problem. Dogs that have thick and folded skin could get this infection because of their narrow ear canals which trap moisture and debris. Since different dogs develop this infection due to different reasons, you should know what characteristic of your dog could make it prone to an ear infection, so that you can help your pup stay protected from this disease forever.
- If you do not want your dog to develop an infection, it is important for you to feed it a healthy diet, not consisting of potential allergens. Food can cause a lot of allergies that directly affect the skin and ears. Allergy induced ear infections can cause the ear canals to become inflamed, itchy and red, because of which your dog will keep scratching its ears at all times in addition to shaking its head every now and then. When such a problem surfaces, the first thing that you should do is take your dog to the vet, who will run an allergy test on your dog, which will enable them to pinpoint the food items that your dog is allergic to. All you have to do is avoid giving these foods to your pet no matter how much they enjoy eating them.
- Don’t worry about your dog’s diet; there are hundreds of alternatives you can give it, which will keep it healthy and fit. But before you make any modification in your dog’s diet, it is advisable that you talk to the vet. They will be able to tell you what kind of dietary changes your dog needs. Whether it needs to eat raw food, home cooked food, grain free or limited ingredient food. You will need expert guidance in being decisive on this matter.
- A lot of ear infections are caused by ear mites. But ear infections caused by ear mites are generally rare in healthy pups, especially when they live inside their owners’ house. If you want to keep your dog away from this parasite, then you can use the same medicines that you use to keep it protected from ticks and fleas. If, however, you don’t think giving any medicine to your dog without a vet’s prescription is a wise idea, then have a consultation before doing so.
- Although you might not like to do it, it is important to check your dog’s ears on a regular basis, to make sure there is no odour, discharge or inflammation in it. If your dog is healthy and there is no ear infection it is suffering from, then the ears should look extremely smooth and pink. You will also not find any kind of swelling or irritation inside. If you see debris inside your dog’s ears, it would be wise of you to arrange for its cleaning. You dog’s ears can smell a little yeasty, and that’s absolutely ok, but if the smell is extremely intense or overpowering, then the reason could be an infection.
It’s easier to remove debris from healthy ears. All you need is a product especially designed to clean debris from dog’s ears. And no, you won’t have to do any deep cleaning; you can use such a product to clean the ears’ outer folds. But make sure the product that you are using is free of alcohol or heavy fragrances.
- When your dog takes a swim or bathes, its ears get wet and the dampness in the ears can be a major cause of ear infection. That is why it is extremely important for you to make sure the ears of your pup are completely dry after it has spent some time in the water.
- Adult Chow Chow or baby Chow Chow puppies can have hairy internal ears. Sadly, the hair strands present in a dog’s ears can act as a net that traps debris as well as moisture. This trapped moisture can cause ear infection or aggravate it if your dog is already suffering from this problem. If you want the hair in your dog’s ears removed, then take it to a groomer who will pluck this hair carefully. Although a lot of people say, it’s not a good practice to pluck hair from a dog’s ears, yet it doesn’t really cause any serious health issue to the dog.
- Another amazing way to keep your dog protected from ear infections is to supplement its diet with essential fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids not just improve the skin of your dog but also reduce chances of inflammation. As a result, your dog stays protected from all sorts of ear infections. Go for the best dog food for Chow Chow breed and make sure it has got essential fatty acids in it.
By following the tips above, you will definitely be able to keep your dog at an arm’s length from nasty skin infections.
The Role of Liquidmetal in Medical Technology
Liquidmetal is the collective name given to amorphous metal alloys that are mixed with one another for manufacturing certain products. It is known for its unique atomic structure and is very popular in the technological and the electronics industries. Liquidmetal is today used in several medical technology applications and widely popular in manufacturing medical devices across the world. Over recent years, Liquidmetal has gathered a lot of popularity for its unique properties. Industries and manufacturers widely use Liquidmetal in the medical industry today on a wide scale.
John Kang Liquidmetal Expert – How important is Liquidmetal?
John Kang is a reputed businessman in the medical industry and conducts research in the field of Liquidmetal. When it comes to the production of Liquidmetal, it was first produced in 1960 by the California Institute of Technology or CalTech. Its original name was a Vitreloy, and an experienced team of specialists created it. With the passage of time, its name was changed to Liquidmetal.
What makes it different?
John Kang Liquidmetal says Liquidmetal has unique properties that make it stand out in the market today. It is a special atomic structure that makes it similar to glass. It is highly flexible and used widely in the technological and electronic markets. It is strong, making it resistant to tension. This is the reason why it does not break. The John Kang WebMD team says that Liquidmetal has very good tensile strength making it resistant to destruction and the environment. This metal is also resistant to corrosion as it has an elastic-like property that make it anti-wearing in nature.
Why is Liquidmetal popular in the field of medical technology?
In the field of medical technology, precision is a very important part that manufacturers need to take into consideration when they are creating medical and healthcare products. The use of Liquidmetal permits manufacturers to get a very high level of precision when they have to manufacture a device. When the high temperature is applied to Liquidmetal, there is a huge drop in viscosity. This is the element of heat that is needed for the manufacture of medical devices in the healthcare industry. When heat is applied, Liquidmetal becomes malleable, and this makes the metal alloy take the form of something that is similar to glass. This helps the manufacturer get high levels of precision when medical technological devices are being manufactured. Liquidmetal, in this form, helps the manufacturer to produce medical devices that are very small and need a very high level of precision. For instance, medical implants.
The John Kang Liquidmetal team says that Liquidmetal is the future of the medical and healthcare industry where small medical devices are concerned. With the help of Liquidmetal, manufacturers are able to make surgical implants that are 100% exact when it comes to form and precision. Experts in the field say that Liquidmetal has helped medical implant manufacturers to make products that are safe, hypoallergenic in nature, strong and resistant to corrosion. They also add that Liquidmetal ensures that products have a higher shelf life over other metals used when it comes to the manufacture of medical and surgical implants.
Get Pre-Certification For Your Medical Insurance Coverage
You never know when you fall sick. It is tough to meet the medical expenses which make a hole in your wallet. The best way to tackle the high medical expenses is to apply for the health insurance coverage. In the present age, most of the people have health insurance coverage which help them cover the medical expenses easily. When you feel unwell, you go to your medical practitioner. If you are diagnosed with a critical disease, then the medical expenses will naturally go high. At that time, you will seek assistance of your health insurance coverage. It is your health insurance service provider who will verify the claims before letting you enjoy the medical insurance coverage. In this place, you would require pre-certification for receiving the medical insurance plan. In the next lines, you will come to know why pre-certification is necessary in the health insurance plan.
What is pre-certification in the medical service?
The pre-certification or pre-authorization signifies the process where a patient needs approval for the medical insurance coverage in advance from the health insurance company. If a patient fulfills certain criteria needed for approval of the health insurance coverage, then the patient will be eligible to enjoy the benefit of the medical insurance coverage. The insurance coverage could be for a surgery or for some drugs. In order to get the pre-approval of a medical service, you will have to get a note from your health physician which will have the history and the present condition of health of a patient. The note from the health care provider will be submitted to the health insurance provider.
Pre-certification can also be needed when a patient gets admitted in a hospital. The hospital will notify the patient’s health insurance provider about the inpatient admission of a patient.
Book services from a medical billing professional
Contacting the medical solution provider will be useful for you, as you can appoint the medical billing professional who is a pro in executing pre-authorization or pre-certification process with ease. The medical billing experts will carry out the pre-certification service with precision. The staff will assist you in catering top-notch pre-certification and pre-authorization service. The process of the pre-authorization and pre-certification service will be done with less paperwork. The pro staff of the medical solution company will minimize the data errors and make increase in the reimbursement of the health insurance claim. The patient’s data will be transferred to the website portal interface. The professionals will collaborate with the insurance payer and the health physician to make sure that the pre-certification service takes place in a hassle-free way.
In what conditions the pre-certification services are necessary?
The pre-certification will be required in the hospital admissions, outpatient surgery, inpatient surgery, drugs, sleep studies, radiology and other medical procedures. Having a pre-certification is requisite for getting the approval of the medical health insurance coverage. Avail the pre-authorization services from the reliable medical service provider at a budget-friendly cost.
Now, you know the prominence of the pre-certification for medical services. Make the best use of the services from the trusted medical solution provider.
Thyroid: Its Working, Symptoms, Effects
The Thyroid gland is a very small, butterfly-shaped gland in your body which is placed between your collarbone and the voice box. This gland is responsible for releasing the hormones which are responsible for regulating the metabolism rate in your body. Not only does it control the number of calories you burn, but also checks the speed of your working organs like heart, liver, kidney, brain and other organs. It also regulates the functioning of your body like heart rate, muscle strength, menstrual cycles, body temperature, breathing, weight, and much more.
As the thyroid gland is responsible for so many important functions, it is important that it should work properly and release hormones in the required number; not more, not less. The underactive thyroid is known as hypothyroidism and an overactive thyroid gland is called hyperthyroidism.
How does it work?
The thyroid glands produce the hormones with the help of iodine present in our body and release these hormones into the blood which takes it to the cells in our body. This is why iodine plays a very important role in your body. Iodine deficiency is one of the major reason which leads to thyroid problems. So it is important to eat the food which is rich in iodine to maintain the level of iodine in your body. This is what iodine can do for you; it can help to ensure the proper functioning of your thyroid glands in your body. The two types of hormones produced by the thyroid gland are:
- T3- Triiodothyronine
- T4- Thyroxine
The problem arises when the release of either of these hormones increases or decreases. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland also helps to maintain the balance of these two hormones, which eventually keeps the functioning of your body normal.
If the production of T3 and T4 is high in your body, your body will lose weight and you will experience diarrhea and a very fast heartbeat. On the other hand, if T3 and T4 are low in your body, your body will gain weight and you will experience constipation and slow heartbeat.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism:
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Trembling hands
- Lack of sleep
Symptoms of hypothyroidism:
- Weight gain
- High cholesterol
- Joint pains
- Slower heart rate
- Brittle hair
Effect of high or low thyroid in your body:
- It will be very difficult for you to maintain an appropriate body weight because the thyroid gland directly affects the metabolism of your body. So you are likely to experience regular weight loss if you are suffering from hyperthyroidism and weight gain if you are suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Your thyroid gland produces hormones that ensure a regular menstrual cycle in your body. Suffering from hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can disturb your menstrual cycles and lower the chances of fertility.
- Low thyroid levels will make your skin, hair, and nails look dry, dull, and brittle because of the slow functioning of your skin cells.
- Fluctuating thyroid levels in your body can also cause you to be forgetful at times. You may feel like your brain is not working effectively and you may lack concentration. Thyroid is also one of the causes of depression.
Home Advice8 months ago
Things to Remember When Shopping For Recycled Plastic Adirondack Chairs
Technology9 months ago
Use WhatsApp Web Login on PC
Entertainment9 months ago
Meanings of WhatsApp Symbols, Emoticons
Sports News12 months ago
Download Grand Theft Auto Vice City Saved Games
Entertainment9 months ago
Ganesh Chaturthi Songs (Mp3, DJ Songs, Remix) Ganpati Songs Free Download
Education9 months ago
Basic MS-DOS Commands in Hindi
word knowledge definition10 months ago
Shook Meaning in Telugu
Education6 months ago
Learning of Designers Enhanced By Joining the Perfect Blend of training and Knowledge