Dishcloths or rags are handy for almost all kitchen cleaning tasks but, it’s most unfortunate that exposure to spills, residue and food crumbs; they give a foul smell becoming a home ground for germs.
The same goes for dishwashing sponge as no one can imagine doing the dishes with a germ-filled sponge. A lab test revealed that three common pathogens dwell on dishwashing sponges namely; E.Coli, Salmonella and Pseudomonas. So, how to clean dishcloths and sponges! Find out below.
For cleaning the dish rags
- Fill a pot or pan with water and bring it to a boil
- Dunk all the dirty rags and boil some more for around 15 minutes. This’ll surely kill mould, mildew, germs and bacteria clinging to the cloths
- Once boiled, wash and dry as usual leaving behind fresh smelled and sanitised cloths
Another way to disinfect the dishrags is through bleach or vinegar. Here’s how to do it;
- Throw all the soiled dishrags in the washing machine and add half or one-cup white vinegar depending on the laundry size
- Also add laundry detergent to the load and fill the tank with hot water to wash
- For bleach, add one-fourth or half a cup of bleach per size of the load
- With bleach, you’re free to use either hot or cold water
Warning: Don’t ever use both vinegar and bleach as combination of the two would trigger a chemical reaction, releasing toxic fumes and ruining the laundry in the end. Finish the wash cycle as normal!
Additional tips & instructions
- In case dishcloths are too greasy, wash with vinegar as it can easily cut through even the toughest grease
- To prevent the rags from developing foul smell, rinse with hot water after every use and dry well
- Don’t roll or ball the dishcloths in the water for it damages the fibre
- The best way is using a fresh dishrag each day while disposing those already used previously. Keep a handful supply!
- If the rags are thinner, they’ll dry faster and prevent mould development
- Fabric softener mustn’t be used on dishrags as it deposit a thin film on the cloth and make them less absorbent
For cleaning the sponges
In a lab test, different methods to sanitise dish sponge were performed of which bleach solution killed nearly 99.9-percent bacteria. Here’s how to do it;
- Mix three-fourth cup of bleach in a gallon of water and dunk the sponge for five minutes to zap most of the germs instantly
- Microwave and dishwashing treatment are the second most-effective methods that also killed almost 99.9-percent bacteria especially Coli
- Place the sponge in regular dishwasher load and give it the dry-heat treatment. In microwave, mildly saturate the sponge and spin it on high heat for at least a minute or two
- Dunk the sponge in full-strength industrial vinegar that would eliminate 99.6 bacteria
And here’s how to clean dishcloths and sponges without taking all the hassle.
Signs That Tell You That Your Home Interior is Due For Painting
Home interior painting adds charm to the house. It makes a big impact and is less expensive when compared to other home improvement methods. While there are no fixed rules to how often the walls need to be painted, there are some signs that show that your interior walls are asking for a fresh coat of paint.
If some time has passed since you last painted your home interiors, it is wise to stay prepared and start noticing the condition of the wall paint to avoid more damage in the future.
Here are some signs that suggest it may be time to repaint your home interior walls.
- Fading paint: The colors of the wall paint may subdue over time with extended exposure to sunlight. Fading of the color of paint may also occur in the shadier areas of the home because of water intrusion. The color on the wall stays longer with the usage of high-quality paint. Brands like Asian paints price high-quality paints at a reasonable price.
- Peeling paint: There can be instances where moisture can seep through the outer layer of the paint and wall. This can make certain rooms, usually the wet areas, in the house more vulnerable to peelings, such as bathrooms and kitchen. Peeling paint can go on to damage the walls and needs to be dealt with immediately.
- Blistering: Required preparation steps need to be taken for a proper paint job. If the surface was not maintained before painting or the wall was damp during the process, blisters and small bubbles can appear below the paint film. It would then require taking care of the bubbles and dampness and a fresh coat of paint to avoid future damage.
- Damaged walls: walls with scuff marks, cracks and chips, holes, and missing paint lower down the appeal of the home. If the home has multiple areas of damages, the home looks even worse. Damaged walls should be repaired in time followed by a fresh coat of painting done professionally. The faster the walls are repaired, the more life it adds to the wall and the house.
- Stains and molds: Stains on the wall is another factor that brings down the appeal of the walls, especially when caused by mold damage. Mold can be dangerous and can create potential health concerns for everyone in the house. While mold damage is easily identifiable and can be removed by professional experts, marks and spots indicating the presence of mold are likely to be left behind. A fresh coat of paint may remove all the evidence of the mold problem.
- Selling the house: Painting your house before listing it for sale is a great investment in making the property look visually appealing and well-maintained and can increase the value of the property.
All these points reflect how repainting the interiors of a home in time is a crucial task. However, with home painting services providers, painting is no more a troubling and fussy task. Aapka Painter is the most trouble-free way to paint your home. They provide end-to-end painting solutions including interior and exterior painting, wood finishes, metal painting, wall texture design, wall arts, wallpapers, waterproofing, etc. efficiently by bringing in technology, automation, and service guarantee.
How to Choose the Best PG Accommodation That Feels Like Home in Chennai
You’ve packed your bags and are ready to go. You are maybe listening to ‘Time to move on’ in a loop – equal parts excited and apprehensive. And of course, you find it heart-wrenching to leave the familiar – friends, family, the home you love. For students, stepping out from home for the first time, it becomes difficult initially to adjust to a new place, learn to stay with new people, get acquainted with a new area.
In all this newness, the place you choose to stay in can be an anchor to ground your new life on. Provided you choose the place wisely.
Allow us to give you some suggestions that will help you find the perfect PG in Chennai, that feels just like home.
A new-age Avtaar of PGs in Coimbatore, these places offer a vibrant co-living environment where like-minded people put up together in private spaces, sharing common places like the kitchen, entertainment zones, etc. It is preferred by most because it has a community vibe that helps them to gel well, all the daily amenities are bundled in one package, and the shared rental space costs lesser as well.
Always Prioritize Comfort
Ideal sq. ft. area per person is a real metric that PGs should factor in. The appropriate distancing between furniture in a room is also another important metric. You shouldn’t have to live in a cramped space – sacrificing your privacy, physical space, and mental peace, just because the PG owner wants to make a quick buck. The place you choose should be a healthy balance of personal space (rooms and private spaces) with intelligently designed common zones (dining areas, common entertainment rooms, open-air spaces, etc). Some popular professionally managed accommodation spaces like Stanza Living factor in a whole host of design rules to create a space suitable for the new-age customer. A place that you will love to come back to at the end of a hard day. A place that will make you instantly relax and feel comfortable in, just like home.
Convenience is your Right
The next thing on your checklist should be a place that takes care of all your daily living needs. Delicious and nutritious meals, washed and ironed laundry, dusted and cleaned rooms, covered? Well that means, more time to read a book, challenge your roommate to a video game or even pick up an extra college project if you are so inclined. And if you were looking for more reasons to convince you, well how about not having to bother about additional monthly expenses? Go for managed accommodation that covers everything and trust us, you won’t regret the decision.
Don’t Be Taken in by Schemes
Leasing an empty flat can appear to be less expensive than an outfitted one yet when you include the cost of purchasing basic furniture, moving-in expenses, etc., you’ll wonder why you didn’t pick a furnished place. Likewise, if a PG in Chennai offers you an all-inclusive package that factor in bills for utilities and amenities, it might seem more substantial upfront, but often works out to competitive or even cheaper than what you would spend accessing all these facilities separately. Not to mention the energy and time that you will have to additionally expand on running the household.
So, always remember to do the full math before you pick a place. It is also a good idea to weigh in all that you would need to make a place truly comfortable for you – be it the physical amenities and services or even whether rules and regulations around curfews, visitors, your lifestyle even suit you. We recommend, that once you have made up your mind, you should get a formal and transparent agreement, so you get what you are paying for. With a place to stay sorted, we are sure the city will feel so much more like home.
Furnishing Your House With Ideal Sofa
There are numerous ways to furnish your home and one such way is furnishing it with sofas. There are different varieties of sofas available in the market that can satisfy your requirements with ease. All you need to do is choose the best for your home and use it. But choosing the best is never an easy option if you are new to this segment of furniture. Sofas need to be purchased with keeping aspects like quality, comfort, and design in the mind. In this blog, we will help you to understand these aspects. These aspects will surely help you in getting the best sofa set for your home.
The first and foremost aspect is quality. No matter how expensive the sofa you buy, if they are not of high- quality then it is a total waste of money. Because the quality defines the age of the sofa and the comfort you will be getting from it. If the sofa is of high quality then you can use it for a long time with consistent comfort throughout life. So it is always advised to consider the quality aspect whenever you are buying sofas for our home.
Another important aspect of buying the sofa is to understand its use. When you are sure about the use of the sofa then you can easily place the sofa with ease. For understanding this in a better way, you might require a sofa in the bedroom because you require a place in your bedroom to sit properly. So for this, you can go for a small sofa that will satisfy your requirement. Also if the size of the bedroom is too small then you can go for a sofa cum bed. So you must be clear about the use of the sofa.
After understanding the use you must consider the type of sofa. When we consider the type then we can suit it with the interior and also will save your space. Like if you having a small space you cannot place a large L shape sofa set because it requires a lot of space. In place of that, you can use a 3-seater or a 5-seater sofa set as this will not only save your space but will also look great in that place. So you must consider the type of sofa to make it adjustable with space.
At last, you must consider the design also because the design is the aspect that is noticed by everyone. The design of a sofa set can be chosen according to your choice. Sofa set comes in a large variety and offers great comfort in every design. You can choose from the traditional royal looking sofa set that gives an elegant look to your house. Or you can go for a modern-looking formal sofa set that gives a decent finishing touch to your interior. It depends upon your taste but we suggest choosing the design that perfectly suits your interior.
Technology2 years ago
Developing Workplace Face Recognition Devices and Controls
Home Advice2 years ago
Things to Remember When Shopping For Recycled Plastic Adirondack Chairs
Business News2 years ago
Facts to know about commercial closing
Entertainment2 years ago
Meanings of WhatsApp Symbols, Emoticons
Technology2 years ago
Use WhatsApp Web Login on PC
Entertainment2 years ago
Ganesh Chaturthi Songs (Mp3, DJ Songs, Remix) Ganpati Songs Free Download
Sports News2 years ago
Download Grand Theft Auto Vice City Saved Games
Education2 years ago
Human Body And Its Interesting Features